Workflows in ClickFunnels are sequences of actions that occur when an action is performed by a user.
When someone joins your email list by opting in, the Workflow that you created will send them an automated email.
Workflows may also be complex. If someone opens an email, the next email sent or action performed can be determined by that.
- Create a Workflow for automating your marketing with clickFunnels 2.0
- Workflows generate leads and sales
- Each Workflow can also be personalized and customized to improve engagement
What can you do with ClickFunnels Workflows 2.0?
Workflows can automate marketing and follow-up on leads.
Workflows allows you to send automatic emails, divide the path, set delay, trigger other Workflows and add tags or notes to your contact profile.
Automating the follow-up of leads will help you save time, improve your customer’s experience and increase sales.
What are the benefits of using Workflows in ClickFunnels?
- Increase Conversions– Send customized email content to the right people at the right time to increase your conversion rates.
- Improve User Interface – Integrate Workflows to third-party tools like email services in order to create beautiful emails which resonate with your customers.
- Increase engagement – Target specific customers according to their actions so that you can send them the right messages.
- Maximize Sales and Profit– Divide your Workflow in two paths using split testing to reduce errors when launching a new campaign. Use this information to optimize your Workflow.
What is the Workflow Editor in ClickFunnels 2.0?
You can create and edit Workflows on the Workflow Editor page.
The editing screen will appear when you open a Workflow, or create one.
We will number the buttons, explain their purpose and show you how to use them.
- Analytics– Click on this button to display the analytics for Workflow. This can be filtered by date. You can click again to hide analytics. You can also use the button under number 4.
- Settings By clicking this button, it is possible to edit the name for your Workflow.
- Status – Use this toggle to enable or disable Workflow.
- :: + Display These toggles allow you to hide or show your analytics (1), and mini-map(6).
- :: + Actions– Click Back Populate in order to edit the Back Populate settings. If you create a Workflow it won’t trigger old contacts that existed before the Workflow. You can add contacts by Back-populating the Workflow. Select one of the options on the pop-out window.
- Mini map– This gives you an overview of the Workflow. Click on the button to hide or show the mini map.
- Fit and Zoom – Zoom in or out to your Workflow. Click Fit on Screen to adjust the Workflow size to your screen.
- Here are the stages of your Workflow.
How to Create a ClickFunnels Workflow 2.0
- Click on Marketing in the menu.
- Select Workflows.
- Click on Add New Workflow.
- Choose a run type and name your workflow.
There are three types of runs:
- Multiple Runs (Simultaneous). The Workflow may be run more than once per contact.
- Multiple Runs per Contact (Back-to-Back) – The Workflow may be run more than once for each contact.
- Only one run per contact – Workflows will only be run once for each contact.
- Click on Create Workflow.
You will now see the Workflow Editor.
- To add your trigger, click No Trigger Set.
- Click on Add Trigger. This will bring up a pop-out window.
- Select the event type.
The user must perform the event type to join the Workflow.
There are five different Event Types:
- Calendar Event, Contact Register – An user registers a calendar event.
- Tag applied – The tag has been applied to the user.
- Removed Tag: A tag has been removed from a user.
- Order, Successful Purchase: A user has made a purchase.
- An opt-in is when a user chooses to participate.
This is the most common option.
- After selecting Opt-in select the funnel, then the page.
- Click on Create Trigger.
- Click the Close button after you have toggled your trigger on.
- A + button will appear when you hover over the circle.
- A sidebar will be displayed when you click the button.
- You can now choose the action you want to take by clicking it.
You can do several things.
- Send Email – Send an email.
- Send Sequence Of Emails – Send an email string.
- Conditional Split Path: Split the Workflow in two branches depending on conditions.
- Split Test – Split the Workflow in two branches according to a certain percentage of traffic.
- Delay – Delay the action for a specified period of time.
- Trigger another Workflow – Enroll customers in another Workflow.
- Create a path to the end.
- Conditional Goal: Move the user here when they match their condition.
- Interaction Actions
- Tag Contact – Add a tag for the contact.
- Add Note – Add a note in the profile of the Contact.
- Notify – You will be notified when an user meets certain conditions.
- Webhooks – Send information to an external application.
- Enroll – Enrolls the user into courses.
Start by tagging the user to know where they are coming from.
- Add more steps to your customise.
- By hovering your mouse over the steps, holding down the :: key and dragging your steps to your desired position, you can easily move them around.
- When you are happy with the Workflow, switch Status to Enable and begin collecting leads and making sales.
Create automated funnels using ClickFunnels Workflows. You will save time, and your marketing will be optimized to gain new customers and generate leads.