ClickFunnels has a lot to offer. The site consistently produces favorable results in sales funnel conversion.
ClickFunnels can be used to connect a WordPress site for domain independence and branding.
Is there a downside to connecting ClickFunnels and WordPress?
Today we will answer this question and explain how to connect sites.
You might also like:
The Benefits of Integrating ClickFunnels With WordPress
Both sites operate very well on their own.
ClickFunnels, a platform that is very focused on sales, leads customers from the Landing Page straight to the Checkout page in a matter of steps. WordPress is an all-in-one website builder with marketing tools.
The plugin combines the benefits of a conversion-optimized sales platform with those of a traditional branding website.
The merging of two sites can also provide you with enhanced SEO, greater customization options and the opportunity to offer more value to customers.
You might also like:
How to Integrate WordPress with ClickFunnels
It is easy to integrate ClickFunnels and WordPress. You can merge the two in one of two different ways.
Compare and outline the most efficient method first (our preference).
Method #1: Connecting WordPress to a Subdomain
The first way to connect the two platforms is through a subdomain.
This method is more difficult to implement but also more foolproof. We prefer it.
You won’t have to worry about the platforms being out of sync because they are using outdated plugins and upgrades.
You will need to add the subdomain that you created in your hosting account to your ClickFunnels Account.
Configuring the connection may require a little fiddling with DNS and SSL.
- Create a subdomain in your hosting account. Steps will vary depending upon your host but they are similar.
- When creating a subdomain, you need to consider four things: the type (CNAME), name, target and TTL.
- ClickFunnels allows you to add a subdomain by going to Account Settings. Click Domains and click Add New Domain. Then, select Use Existing Domain.
- Enter the complete name of your domain in the blank field.
- Click on Add a domain. If you are logged in to the site where you purchased your subdomain, and you know the CNAME of that domain, you can click on it.
- Then you will be able connect your funnel with the subdomain.
- Next, you will add SSL to your subdomain. This can be done by clicking Expand under the SSL section, and then clicking on Add SSL.
- Once SSL is connected, you will have to wait a few moments before you can check to see if your funnels are integrated successfully.
Method #2: Connecting WordPress to ClickFunnels via the Plugin
Second, you can connect two platforms using a simple plug-in.
The plugin can be activated and downloaded to make it a simpler method. However, the ease of use comes at the cost of the risks that we have outlined.
- Installing the ClickFunnels WordPress Plugin is the first step.
- Click Activate when the installation is completed.
- Enter your ClickFunnels email in the API Connection field under Settings.
- Click on Account Settings and then WordPress API. Click the Expand option.
- The WordPress API key will be displayed. Copy and paste it into the Authentication Token field on the WordPress website.
- Double-check your settings after clicking “Save” by clicking on the “Compatibility Test.”
- You’re finished! Go to the General Settings in the main menu, select Embed Full Page Frame or Download and Display and then add the funnel step from ClickFunnels on your WordPress website.
ClickFunnels and WordPress Integration Possibilities
ClickFunnels can be added to WordPress to create more possibilities for connecting the two platforms.
You can create a better customer experience by taking advantage of the offers on both sites.
Add ClickFunnels pages to a WordPress site
After you’ve integrated the two platforms you can add ClickFunnels funnel pages and steps to your WordPress website.
This is a good option for those who wish to use WordPress, but want to use the same domain.
- Click on Add New to locate the ClickFunnels plug-in.
- Select Regular Page as the page type.
- Select the funnel that you wish to add in the section and funnel page.
- Click Save to save your custom slug.
Setting up a ClickFunnels page as your WordPress homepage
Imagine the versatility of your website when it is connected.
You can keep your sites organized if you use the same domain and set your ClickFunnels homepage as your WordPress home page.
The two platforms will allow you to navigate seamlessly.
- Click on Add New in the ClickFunnels Plugin page.
- Enter Home Page as the page type to make ClickFunnels your WordPress homepage.
- Click Save after selecting the funnel and the page.
What are the disadvantages of using Clickfunnels with WordPress?
Connecting WordPress to ClickFunnels has some disadvantages.
Integration opens up many opportunities, but there are also some drawbacks.
You can then decide whether merging two platforms is right for you.
Updates to Plugins Delay
You must update both WordPress and the ClickFunnels Plugin to ensure optimal performance.
If the plugin does not update automatically with WordPress, this could have an impact on the performance of your site. You may experience lag and your functions may not work properly.
It’s important to keep this in mind in case of future problems.
Some Pages Cannot be Connected
The next point may be a benefit, or it could be a disadvantage. However, it can hinder your desired result.
WordPress may refuse to support certain types of pages for security reasons. This gives users peace of mind, especially those who are concerned about online security.
It may not be a big deal if you weren’t planning on linking these pages. But if membership content and affiliate marketing are your main focus, you will need to find other ways.
ClickFunnels can be connected to WordPress in two different ways. The more complicated method is via a subdomain.
While using a plug-in is easier, you are more likely to run into issues with updates.
It is a fact that linking ClickFunnels with WordPress offers more integration options.
Users should be aware of potential downsides such as delays in updating and incompatibility.